- Responsibility for children using the library rests at all times with the parent/caregiver and not with library personnel.
- Children under the age of 9 may not be left unattended
- Children 9 and older may be left unattended at the discretion of their parent(s) for a reasonable time period such as that required to complete assignments like homework or research, attend a library program, or otherwise utilize library resources.
- Children must know how to reach an adult in case of emergency, and both child and adult should make themselves aware of library hours.
- If any child is left too long or left repeatedly in any unsafe situation, library personnel may contact the Rowley Police.
- Please consult the RPL policy manual for more complete descriptions of expected patron behavior.